Shared from the Free Sean Toal Facebook page.
Copied from Barry Toal
Basically this is what happened. Tell me if this is justice . This is truly shocking if you ask me.
1. At the original trial, a knife is rules out of being capable of inflicting the fatal wound.
2. After the trial Seand finds out that that knife has forensics linking it to being used in the fatal attack.
3. Further analyses shows that there are fingerprints found on the handle. The fingerprints are analysed and found not to be Seans. We all know whose prints are on it.
4. the crown still say the knife is not capable of infliciting the fatal wound, even with the overpowering forensic evidence to suggest the contrary.
5. Seans legal team contact arguably the most highly decorated forensic expert ( who works for NATO )and ask his opinion. He writes a 20 page report pointing out gross errors made by the original forensic team. And rules that not only is the knife capable but is the most likely to have caused the fatal wound.
6. More forensic tests prove that the deceased blood is found upon the knife. Proving therfore it is the murder weapon.
7. The original forensic team is made aware of the new findings and concede in a telephone call that they agree massive errors were made. She even appeared upset and commented that she couldn’t believe a man was serving a life sentence for a crime he did not commit.
8. The original forensic team then decide not to co-operate with seans legal team. Citing that the crown had told them not to talk. ( this is verbatim by the way, no lies )
9. The original forensic team decide to get legal advice for making such mistakes and are advised they should talk.
10. They explain to seans lawyers they must see wat they actually said in court before the can make a final comment on the new findings.
11. Seans legal team gp to court to gain access to the transcripts of the forensic teams evidence. ( this is completely run of the mill stuff )
12. The crown argue that seans legal team should not be allowed access to the transcripts because this had taken 7 years to obtain this information. And in the words of the crown ( it’s simply too long ) verbatum again. No arguments about the significance of the evidence. Time had simply elapsed.
13. Seans legal team argue it would be a travesty for justice if this point was not allowed to be investigated. Remember this is a murder weapon with someone elses prints on it that the jury did not hear about in the first trial.
14 The judges decide againat Seans legal team bveing allowed access to the transcripts. This means Sean can do nothing about it. NOTHING!!!! I swear thats it. That massive point is eliminated for no other reason than it was found 7 years later. This is the same crown office who are trying people( quite rightly so) after 20 years if new evidence comes to light.
15. A 15 point chart to show that Scotland’s legal system is the best in the world. Aye right. If this was anywhere else in the world Sean would not only NOT NEED to ask for access to evidence but he would freed automatically. Look at Amanda Knox, she was freed because the forensics were contaminated, never mind finding someone elses prints on the murder weapon. Seans QC asked the crown how it was even possible for him to have committed the crime now. There was no answer or response from them .